Over the past few months, children at St. Cuthbert’s from Reception to Year 6 have been exploring the Global Sustainable Development Goals through the British Council’s ‘Connecting Classrooms’ project, focusing particularly on Quality Education. The children explored a range of ideas within this topic, including:
- why can’t some children go to school?
- what is ‘quality education’?
- how can we make sure all children feel welcome and included in school?
- why is education important?
- how can we help refugee children continue their education?
All of the work the children produced was collected into a portfolio and shared with our Tanzanian friends. The work from our Tanzania partnership school’s teachers and children was then shared with us. It was very interesting and rewarding to share work and explore ideas together about these globally important topics.