Year 3 is the first class in the ‘juniors’ (Key Stage 2). Children should be in school for 9:00 am and finish at 3:10 pm.
How you can help at home
- Please ensure your child practices their times tables frequently.
- Before they start Y4 they should know their 2, 5, 10, 3, 4 and 6 times tables.
- They need to know these multiplication facts, not just be able to work out the answer.
- Try practising 3 or 4 facts then adding a few more once they know these.
- Regular practice is the only answer.
- Please call in if you would like some advice.
Please set aside some time to read with your child. We aim to change books once a week. Book bags along with reading books should only be brought to school on Fridays please.